FAANG

For those who may not be conversant in market jargon and acronyms, FAANG stands for Facbook/Amazon/Apple/Netflix/Google. Sometimes it's simply FANG but I like the double A for obvious reasons...

Below is a chart of the FAANG stocks with SHLD -


First, you'll notice FB and GOOG toward the lower right. FB launched in 2012 and Google, much like Sears, spun itself as Alphabet so their rise, while precipitous, appears quite compressed.

Even AMZN seems quite humble with a mere 3000% uptick! NFLX and AAPL are the clear winners here. But, again, I 'm interested is around the end of the Great Recession.
 

I

I find it uncanny this basket of  stocks, other than AAPL, were so highly correlated. But then, beginning in 2010, they (except poor SHLD) exploded!

I have a theory as to why - more on that next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WMT

Tariffs

Where America Shops!